Code of Ethics
In addition to abiding by the more expansive Code of Ethics of the coaching profession and my own guiding philosophy, here is an abbreviated form of the code of ethics that I follow:
- I will represent my qualifications honestly, including educational credentials, levels of certification and experience.
- I will convey my philosophy and style in advance or at the onset of a session so you are clear about what to expect, and may withdraw if our expectations are not in alignment.
- I will avoid narrowly predictive or directive guidance, and will instead communicate my belief that the each individual has the power to shape their own destiny.
- I will provide services only for a consenting client, recognizing I do not have the consent to provide guidance to a third party or for a minor that is under the age of legal consent to receive such services.
- I will recommend that you consult a licensed professional for advice of a legal, financial, medical, or psychological nature that I am not qualified to provide.
- I will be honest with you if I cannot perform a service for you, either because it is outside of the focus of my practice, or because our energies do not mesh (no negative judgment is made about that lack of connection, sometimes it just happens... but it does interfere with my ability work with the energies).
- I will serve the best interests of my clients, conducting my professional activities without causing or intending to cause harm.
- I will maintain transparency about any conflicts of interest I may have related to the services provided which might personally benefit me in any way.
- I will treat all my clients with the respect and dignity due to every human being.
- I will preserve client confidentiality, unless expressly waived by the client or as required by a court of law.